The Roasted Radish is ready to be savored… soon!
The season of the sassy radish is quickly drawing to a close, but there is still time to add these to your lunch or dinner menu!
Perfect for a Sunday supper side, or in my case a light lunch salad, my Roasted Radish Salad is the perfect kick start to summer.
Roasted Radish Salad with Thyme and Orange Butter
2-3 bunches baby red radish (you want about 20)
1 bunch thyme leaves (8 sprigs, stems removed)
1 organic orange segmented
Juice of 1 organic orange
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Cracked black pepper
*Optional: pinch of sugar (depending on your oranges)
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. Wash and scrub radish thoroughly. Quarter each radish and place them cut side down in a roasting dish.
2. Toss radishes with olive oil and thyme leaves. Season with amply with salt and a little black pepper. (think a 2 to 1 ratio, salt to pepper)
3. Roast radishes for 15-18 minutes in oven, turning once halfway through.
4. In a saute pan heat butter on medium/medium high heat till bubbling and beginning to brown. When you can smell the nuttiness of the butter, carefully pour in the orange juice and stir to combine brown butter and citrus juice (add pinch of sugar if needed).
5. Bring to a quick boil and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes to reduce. Season with salt to taste.
6. Add radishes to the pan and stir to coat. Pour radishes and dressing into a large serving dish or plate as desired with orange segments.
Serves 4 as a side, 2 as a salad.
The Orange Butter Dressing in pictured steps :
*NOTE: If you zest one orange before juicing it, you can use that zest to ward off flies and bugs when dinning al fresco.
Just place a tablespoon or two of zest in a small bowl, as insects detest citrus (it will also smell wonderful).